The International History Olympiad is a competition organized by International Academic Competitions which is designed to bring the top history students from around the world together for an unforgettable nine days full of various competitions with a history-based theme, and a chance to meet students with similar interests and talents from around the world. The 2018 Olympiad will be held from July 14-22, 2018 in Berlin, Germany. Subsequent Olympiads will be held in other locations around the world every two years.
In contrast with other Olympiads for other disciplines, the International History Olympiad differs in a number of respects including the following:
1. Participants are divided into Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity Divisions depending on their birthdate and/or grade in school.
2. Numerous events are held, but only one gold, one silver, and one bronze medal will be distributed per event, per division.
3. Citizens and residents of the USA represent their state, not their country.
4. There is no limit to the number of students per country or state who can qualify or attend.
5. Qualification is conducted through participation in International History Bee and Bowl events, the National Championships of the National History Bee and Bowl in the USA, and a qualifying exam for students outside the lower 48 states in the USA.
6. The events of the Olympiad are tailored to meet the requirements of a normally non-quantitative discipline such as history.
For much more information, please explore our website, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Thanks for your interest in the International History Olympiad!