The International History Olympiad is a competition organized by International Academic Competitions which is designed to bring the top history students from around the world together for an unforgettable two weeks full of various competitions with a history-based theme, and a chance to meet students with similar interests and talents from around the world. The next International History Olympiad will be held in Rome from July 23-30 2023. An optional day trip to Naples and Pompeii will be organized on July 31 for interested students and their accompanying family members.
In contrast with other Olympiads for other disciplines, the International History Olympiad differs in a number of respects including the following:
- Participants are divided into four divisions (Elementary, Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity) depending on their birthdate and/or grade in school.
- Numerous events are held, but only one gold, one silver, and one bronze medal will be distributed per event, per division (though on team events, all team members in medal position receive medals).
- Citizens and residents of the United States represent their state, not their country.
- Qualification is conducted through the International History Olympiad Qualifying Exam, participation in National (in the USA) or International History Bee and Bowl events, or by having medaled at a prior International History Olympiad.
- The events of the Olympiad are tailored to meet the requirements of a normally non-quantitative discipline such as history.
For more information, please explore our website, or contact email@example.com with any questions you may have. Thanks for your interest in the International History Olympiad!