The costs of the 2018 International History Olympiad are as follows (per student):
1850 USD – International History Olympiad only (8 nights lodging at the Berlin-Wannsee Youth Hostel from July 14-22, does not include night of July 22)
2475 USD – Combined registration for International History Olympiad & International Geography Bee World Championships (11 nights lodging from July 11-22, does not include night of July 22)
Please see the Parents and Family page for costs for Parents and Family Members who are officially registering (these costs also apply for attending family friends and coaches as well, though for coaches, please see the additional note towards the bottom of the page).
1. These costs include all the meals from dinner on July 11 (with IGB) or July 14. Breakfast and/or Lunch can be purchased that day for $10 USD each. Dinner (for those leaving after 8pm) on July 22 is available for $12 USD.
2. It is not typically permitted to stay at a spot apart from our group unless you live or attend school in the city of Berlin or have a health issue that precludes this (see 2A). Students who live or attend school in the city of Berlin can take part as day students for 50% of the posted prices. This does not include overnight accommodations or breakfast (it does include lunch and dinner). Students taking part in this option are responsible for their own transportation (i.e. we will not provide chaperones or cover prices) between their homes and venues
2A. Students with health needs who need to stay with a parent(s) or guardian at the parents and family hotel may do this. If they do this at double occupancy, the parent pays single occupancy, and then there is no surcharge for the student. If the student stays with two people in the room, and the room is thus triple occupancy, there is a $100 surcharge for the student ($150 if competing in both Intl. Geography Bee World Championships and the Intl. History Olympiad), and the parents otherwise pay double occupancy.
3. There is no extra program charge for the Civilization tournament, Research Competition, or any sightseeing option, though some of these may have limited spaces available (in which case, first-come, first-served). There is also no charge for airport (Tegel or Schönefeld) or Berlin Hauptbahnhof (or Central Bus Station) pick up or drop off during standard times.There is no charge for airport (Tegel or Schönefeld) or train station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) bus station (or Central Bus Station) pick up or drop off during standard times. However, for arrivals or departures taking place after 10pm or before 8am, an extra $50 fee applies.
4. There is the option to stay one extra night at the start (either July 10 if coming for IGB Worlds, or otherwise, July 13) and/or end of the Olympiad (i.e. July 22) The extra night on either end includes up to 3 meals (i.e. from dinner on July 10/13 or from dinner on July 22). The extra night on either end costs $115 per night. Pickups and drop offs at airports or bus/train stations are still included with the usual surcharge for pickups / drop offs outside normal hours.
5. We accept the following methods of payment: US dollar check, wire transfer, credit card or Paypal. For payments by wire transfer, a 30 USD fee applies (this is what our bank charges us to accept an incoming wire). All wire transfers must be paid in US dollars, namely, the amount we receive must be the amount owed in US dollars, plus the transfer fee. If your bank charges additional fees, these must be taken into account in addition to this. For payments by credit card and Paypal, a 5% processing fee for all payments applies (this is approximately what we are charged to accept these payments).
6. Instructions regarding submitting payment by check and wire transfer will be forwarded to participants upon registration, while for credit cards and PayPal, you can pay after registering here. Refunds can be issued in full minus a $50 USD processing fee through April 10.
7. Payment, Late Fees & Refund Policy: No student will be allowed to compete unless all payments and applicable late fees have been paid and received prior to July 10! Payments are due by July 1. For payments not received by July 5 (to allow for a four-day grace period), a $100 late fee per day applies.
As for refunds, we can refund payments in full, minus a $100 processing fee until April 10. From April 10-June 20, we can issue a 50% refund for payment. After June 20, no refunds will be given for any reason.