Parents, family members, family friends, and coaches are welcome to attend the 2025 International History Olympiad! Students competing in the Elementary and Intermediate Divisions are required to attend with a parent/guardian. Students in the Varsity and Junior Varsity Divisions may choose to attend with a parent or guardian, but are not required to do so. For the Middle School Division for 2025, it has not yet been determined if a parent or guardian will be needed to attend.
For 2025, International Academic Competitions is requiring pre-registration in the Family & Teachers Program. Registration for the Family & Teachers Program includes the following:
- Attendance at Opening Ceremonies, Closing Ceremonies, and Medals Ceremonies
- Participation in the Classical Music, Popular Music, and Sports History Bees for the Parents & Teachers Division
- Participation in the Parents & Teachers History Bee
- Participation in the Olympiad’s multiple-choice history exams – see how you stack up against the students!
- Participation in Olympiad field trips (additional fees apply – to be announced once Event Selection opens)
- Possible other events (e.g. a Family Quiz or various games) to be determined once registration opens
On a limited basis, parents or coaches whose mother tongue is English can also apply to be adjunct staff members (moderators for certain events). This can defray the costs of their student’s program fees depending on their level of involvement. Adjunct staff will need to have prior experience in assisting at IAC competitions, pass a background check, and have first aid certification. If you are interested in this option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).